Wednesday, July 30, 2008

It's Official!...


We have our first Thumb Sucker!!! Yep, 2 days ago, Monday, Cohen finally found it. And I don't mean found it and then lost it...I mean, he found his thumb (the right hand) and took a 2 1/2 hour nap sucking on it. And then later that day found it again and did the same thing. And then on Tuesday he did the same thing. And today again. I think we can quit wondering whether he will take a passy any more or not. He never really did like that thing much anyway. You could ask his Nanna-D about that (when she stayed with us while Chris was at camp earlier this summer, Cohen would make her stand up, swaying and bouncing while holding the passy in his mouth so he couldn't spit it out! Little Booger). At least he can console himself now on his own. I need hime to be able to do that since I have 4 of them to take care of every day. Who knows, this could be more of a blessing than anything. So here we go again, like mommy like son...that's right, I was a thumb sucker too. I guess it'll be payback time when I'm trying to get him to stop sucking on his. My parents had to hide my favorite blankie and tell me it was gone so I would quit...isn't that just mean! :-) We'll see what strategies we have to come up with! We've got 4 fingers and a thumb to get 3 little chillin's to quit sucking on eventually. You can start praying for us now! HeeHee! :-) Enjoy the photo shoot below, I'm just a MaMa who LOVES picks of her kidos!So content and so out!
Just doesn't get much sweeter than this!
You know it!!! At least my Mommy, Daddy and Brothers think so!!! :-)
Snug as a bug in a rug!

4 comments:

dee Clayton said...

oh my goodness- !!! he has most certainly found his thumb- can't wait to see this in action ---- he's grown a ton-

Linsey said...

Love it! Jillian is a hard core thumb sucker! I wasn't a fan at first, but I have embraced it now as she is so happy! A thumb looks way cuter in their mouth then a paci anyways!

Reneau said...

Hey Shabby Mama!! Keep the posts coming! They are great!! Look at Josiah and my blog too!

Delilah said...

He is so cute I could eat him up!At least you don;t have to search for the paci in the middle of the night!