Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Changed Again!?

Well, the last heading...All-Purpose Mama...just didn't seem to fit. Why? I don't know, just a gut feeling I guess. Shabby Mama is a heading that I've been mulling over since I changed it last time but didn't use then. Once again why? Who knows. I just feel like it fits me better than the one before. Let me explain. First of all, for those of you who've been to my home, Shabby Chic probably comes to mind. The more beat up the better in my book! :-) I just love the history of unique and beautiful antique pieces! Some of you are now thinking "huh?". Well the other reason I picked this is because Shabby is the way I feel I am on this earth. Made in the image of Christ yet human. Tired, aging, flawed...well, kinda like a shabby chic antique if you ask me. Worn out and flawed (in some way or another, that looks different for each of us as well as all my antiques!) on the outside but yet there is still something beautiful about it/us! It's all in the eye of the beholder, you've heard/said that many a time I'm sure. For me, I LOVE shabby chic 'stuff' and quite frankly, think it's beautiful. I also pray that each one of us sees each other through God's eyes and looks past the shabbyness (is that really a word? I do like making them up sometimes.) straight to the heart which has been purified by Christ and is truly beautiful because He made it that way! You know what I mean! And then one day...I (along with each and every believer) will be rescued from this broken world and taken to live in a Glorious Heaven with my God and Savior, Jesus Christ, and will be given a New and Pefect 'Body' (not sure what that will be like). Can't hardly wait!!! But for now, it's just shabby old me (although I am thankful for how God created me and do believe that God "fearfully and wonderfully" makes each and every one of us)!

No comments: