Thursday, July 10, 2008

On The Shorter Side.

Like Mother, Like Son? Well, I took Cade today for a doctor's checkup...he's a bit behind, we're caught up now though! And of course one of the first things they do is measure and weigh your child. Believe it or not, for the first time ever for us, one of our boys measured in under the 75% in height. Not only that, he measured in right underneath the 50% mark! I could hardly believe it when they told me! All of the boys have always been so tall. I really didn't think much of it, then the doctor came in and was talking to me and said he thought it was kinda odd that he has never measured under the 75% mark until now. He seems to think we caught him before a growth spurt and that by his 2 year appointment he will catch back up. I told him that I'm one of the only truly short people in our families...with a brother who's already 6'3" and a 14 year old sister who's 5'9". We'll see. But for now, I can actually say I'm not alone! I doubt that's gonna last! :-)

1 comment:

Rebecca Gay said...

I always love reading your blogs! Girl - my boys will never be tall! I'm 5'3" and Jason is only 5'8" (and the tallest male in his family). Poor things - they never had a chance!
I enjoyed getting to see Chris last night at the Beaumont concert. Wish you could have come too! I should be coming up to Dallas soon to see Suzanna's new baby - we'll have to get the boys together!!