Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Kids say/do the darndest things!

So just to put a smile on your face I thought I would tell y'all just a few funny/sweet things the boys have said in the past couple of weeks. One small piece of advice I would give to all you mom's of little ones out there who may read this (I wish someone had have told me to do this when Corbin was born but I didn't lose that much time and some of it I was able to think back and remember...with the help of family of course!), buy a journal specifically to write sweet and funny things your children say in. We all know how precious they can be and how fast they grow up, if you write things down then you know you'll be able to remember it forever! Don't worry, I'm planning on getting future use out of my journal (which I started only a little over a year ago and already have over 15 pages!)...I may not be able to plan any weddings, but you better believe those rehearsal dinners are going to be the funnest and funniest (due to the top ten list that will be pulled from this journal and read aloud!) ones you've ever been to!!! I love you Boys!! :-) Please don't kill me for recording this stuff! :-)

Callen...was laying on our bed playing with and talking to Chris and I last night and decides there are aliens up on the planet (our light) on our ceiling and began shooting them of course. Chris joined in and then Callen made all these crazy funny boy blow up noises and said "I just bombed you up, Daddy"! We just laughed as he continued to shoot the other aliens.

Corbin...was watching me as I bleached some new shirts for them today and at one point walked away and came back and said "are they cleared yet Mom?". I wasn't sure at first what he meant but then I realized, bleached, he doesn't know that word. :-)

Cade...so you need to scrunch your shoulders up like you don't know something, cock your head to one side, scwint your eyes and face up and pooch your lips out and say "oh maih dooodnessss". Yes, that is exactly what he does and he loves to tell Chris and I that we don't do it right...or actually he says "you can't do it, I do it". I could just eat him up!!!

Callen...I noticed the other day that he had been particularly facinated by his muscles that day. That evening before going to bed he came in and had some goggles (which by the way last summer when I bought them for them and Nanna-D called them goggles, he said "Nanna-D, their gobbles!") on which were making his hair stick up. I told him to go look at his hair in the mirror. I followed of course and when he got in their he made a funny face and stared at himself for a minute and then promptly turned to the side, makine a GQ face and flexing those muscles with all of his might, all the while watching and admiring himself! Couldn't help but laugh and then give him big hugs and kisses!

Corbin...was playing Wii with me the other day and was loosing each game (so was I of course...this 30 game deal is hard but don't worry, we will conquer eventually!). He turned to me after about the 4th game and said "Mom, it's not about winning it's about playing the game and doing your best!". I pray he believes that but also wonder how much of his mom's extreme competitiveness he got and if he was also just trying to convince himself that it's ok to loose. He's such a sweet heart!!!

Cade...Chris holds up a tomatoe from his salad that he does not want and Cade says "Tan I have that maytoe?! I like maytoes!"

1 comment:

Jill said...

I swear, I love your kids almost as much as mine!!! They are so precious! I'm so thankful for their sweet hearts, and I look forward to our boys growing up together!