Saturday, May 23, 2009

Cohen is 1!!!

Jungle themed 1st birthday cake

Well, he is almost 13 months old now...I'm a bit behind on the blog. It's been a great month, but a very busy month. One thing Chris said at the beginning of this year was that his goal for this year is to walk through the year and not run (in other words...don't get so busy doing work non stop that you don't enjoy the year with your family...that's kinda what happened last year). He has been doing a GREAT job at keeping his goal, I'll be the first to say, but as he mentioned about a week ago to our life group, May has been the first month he feels like the pace has picked up to a jog. I have to agree. It's ok though, we are aware of it and will keep things under control and not let them get too crazy.

On the other hand, Cohen's whole first year seemed to just slip right on by me! I have done my best to cherish this first year, knowing that he is my last baby, but WOW, I never dreamed it would fly by so quickly. It really was a great year, he is such a sweet and precious little boy! Such a fun little personality, crawling around the house all the time now saying "daaheeeeh, daaheeeh!" He LOVES Chris. I have to admit, I prayed for a daddy's boy this time since we already have 3 mamma's boys. And sure enough, I think Cohen is our biggest Daddy's boy yet. He's not walking yet but has taken a few steps for me. He loves to walk ALL around the house holding onto just one finger of mine or Chris' with just one of his hands...his balance is getting better and better so I know he will walk soon (although we kept saying that with all the other boys and they walked at 13 1/2mo., 15 mo. and 15 1/2 mo....in that order). It's all about the will, and believe me, in that order as well they had gotten more stubborn so lets pray Cohen walks REALLY soon! :-)

To sum it all up, I could not be more thankful for the gift God has given us in Cohen! I cannot wait to see the plans God has for him as he gets older. My prayer is that he will grow up to be an awsome warior for Christ, leading other to Him by his daily example! Below are a few pics from his First Birthday Party a couple of weeks ago.
Sittin' in front of his birthday banner...he just looked as cute as it gets!He LOVES balloons!
All the boys!
Opening gifts...Mama had to help, he wasn't interested much. To this day, Corbin wins the award for best show at your 1 year old birthday party...he truly entertained us all!
"Hey, that looks good!:"It's mushy, what is that?""And it sticks to my fingers, Mama doesn't usually feed me this!"
"Let's see how this taste, I'm curious!"
"Now that's good! Who's been holding out on me?!"
Messy Face, Happy Baby!
Callen decided to get completely inside of the box the little people house came in...it really was pretty funny! He's such the kid that will figure out absolutely anything strange, wild, crazy, adventurous and/or just out of the norm to do! I love that about him!!!
Bobby was mailing Cade off to somewhere...whereever it was Cade was very excited about it!
Birthday Boy diaper was thanks to Uncle Kendal! :-)

3 comments:

Lauren said...

You're fireplace screen looks so good! I'm so glad it doubles as a present guard-er! Hehe

Janelle and Ella said...

That is the cutest cake ever!! Good job Kara!!

Happy Birthday to your sweet boy!

Anonymous said...

How sweet! Love the diaper note!