Monday, May 11, 2009

Elmo Soup?


Well, let me start at the begining but try not to make this too long. Cade, since about the age of 6 months old or so, started sucking on his index and middle finger of his right hand and putting his fingers from his left hand in his belly button while doing it. Some kids hold a blanket and smell it or rub it while they suck their fingers or thumb...no, our son puts his fingers in his belly button!?! So, about a year ago one morning he came in my room and was doing that and I just asked him what he was doing. He said "tirin' it" (translated stirring it). Of course I was a bit confused so I said "stirring what?" He said "my Elmo soup!" with a big grin on his face. Of course by now I'm going to play along so I say "MMM! Can I have some?" He says "no, Elmo soup all gone, you have poop soup!" and just laughed and lauged at my reaction!!! I laughed on and on too of course because I could believe he was just makin' this up off the cuff. So stinkin' cute! So the other day when he was layin' on the couch I decided I needed some picks of this so I'll never forget it!!! Have I mentioned that I LOVE this kid!!?!!

No comments: