Tuesday, February 24, 2009

25 Random Things About Me.

Well, I've been tagged so many times with this thing but never taken the time yet to do it. The thing is, I love reading everyone else's 25 random things soooo....I decided I would go for it, who knows what I'll end up with.

1. I never had stitches or broke any bones as a kid and then during my junior year in high school, in a span of only 26 days, I had stitches on 3 different spots on my face and broke my nose twice (had to have surgery after the second time).

2. I had a friend in high school who had two middle names and I fell in love with her name...hence the reason Chris and I gave all 4 of our boys 2 middle names (Corbin Michael Allen, Callen Matthew James, Cade Alexander Rae and Cohen William Garrett).

3. When leaving a tip at a resteraunte, I have to round up to the nearest dollar making it even...my dad always did this and I picked it up somewhere along the way because I cannot handle doing it any other way!

4. I am not a dog person, never have been and may not ever be. I do love all 5 of my boys though and I know one day they are going to want one so I'm already preparing myself so that I can be ready when that day comes.

5. I am an extreme perfectionist! This can be good in some ways and bad in others.

6. I love to organize EVERYTHING!!! Everything must have a home and needs to return to it's home after having been used...still working on getting all 5 of my boys to understand/comprehend that! :-)

7. I have over 60 pairs of shoes...and that's after getting rid of 8 pair just about a month ago. I believe shoes make or brake an outfit and I even have a t-shirt that says "will work 4 shoes"! :-) Did I mention I LOVE shoes?

8. I LOVE cake...one of the many reasons I started my cake business, "MaMa's Cake Boutique". I believe everyone should have a fun/unique cake, that fits their personality, on their birthday to brighten their day!

9. I can sleep anywhere, on anything and with almost any kind of noise. I guess that's what happens when you are the oldest of 6 kids and shared a room with 2 sisters! We LOVE every minute of it though...well, maybe not the minutes when one sister colored all over my comforter with red lip stick or the minute when one of my brothers climbed up my bookshelf (that had about 25 precious moments on it) like a monkey and brought it crashing down...other than moments like those though, we loved them all!

10. I never took any cake decor. classes, I just taught myself by watching cake shows and trying the stuff out.

11. I LOVE the color GREEN!!! I can't seem to get enough of it. I also love pink. I think those two colors are my favorites but I really just love pretty colors. Chocolate brown, teal and black are among some other favorites! I used to live by the simple rule that decorating with bland/neutral colors was safe and timeless. True...buuuuttt...not as much fun either. I still like to use the neutrals for my walls and main peices but LOVE throwing in the accent pieces full of color!

12. I can ramble on forever about just about anything...have you noticed that yet?

13. I love making new friends, and getting closer to existing friends! Friends are a Huge part of my life and I pray they all know how much I care for them and love them!

14. I LOVE babies...young and older babies, big and little babies, fat and chubby babies, long and short babies, boy and girl babies, friend's and my babies! Good thing my tubes have been tied! :-)

15. I love winter because I love snow (more than that I love to go snow skiiing!!!), I love summer because I love to go the the pool with my boys, I love spring because I LOVE flowers and baby animals, and I love the fall because it is breathtakingly beautiful (the scenory and weather).

16. I love playing games with family and friends...nothin' like a good ole game of Trash Train!

17. I can truly shop 'till I drop, and still have plenty of money left since I got everything for 75% off or more...I can smell a good deal from a mile off!

18. A dream I've had for years is to open and run a Bed & Breakfast one day and allow Pastors, Worship Leaders, Missionaries, etc. to come and stay for disc. and/or free.

19. Another dream I've had for years is to own/run my own Boutique store one day. I did start a business making and selling different hand made items about 2 years ago...Nifty Thrifty Designs.

20. I love food...especially a good steak!!! I'm not usually bashfull about eating but am going to have to be careful in the next couple of months because starting in May after I switch Cohen from nursing to drinking cows milk from a cup, it will be the first time since December 2002 that I will have not been either pregnant or nursing without a single day break in there!!! Can you believe that?...that's 6 1/2 years. Wow.

21. I never knew I could love four little boys as much as I do know or that I could be content having all boys but it is amazing how God knew just what I needed and would LOVE!!! My cup truly overfloweth!!

22. When I cook, I tend to either make up things as I go or change recipes up as I make them and add stuff to recipes ALL the time! I figure that's how someone came up with the recipe anyway, so why can't I? It's fun and I haven't ruined anything yet.

23. I've never gotten a speeding ticket...or any other kind of ticket for that matter. Have had a couple fender benders though.

24. Got a degree in Church Music at Dallas Baptist University and then taught private vocal lessons for 6 years after that. Taking a break from that for now but would love to be some type of music teacher in a pre-school one day!

25. Really don't have time to do things like this because they put me to sleep...it took me 3 nights to finish this because I kept falling asleep! But I finished, finally!!! :-)

No comments: