Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Prayer of a Child...

So we sat down this afternoon all together for dinner for the first time in over a week, since the boys have been so sick. I usually start out by asking who wants to pray. It was all 3 today so I told them we would go in the order that they were sitting starting with...

Cade..."Dear God, tank u poor my pehhhnds (friends), and Jesus, and my poooood (food), and my pehhhnds...(pause)...AMEN!" (all said in the sweetest little Texan accent!!!) then...

Corbin..."Dear God, thank you for this great day, thank you for this food, thank you for our friends and that we get to go to church to learn more about You, thank you for Jesus, He's so great, thank you for the stories You put in the Bible that are true...they are awsome, I really like going to church to praise You and learn more about You, it's so fun! We love you God. Amen! (at this point I had tears in my eyes, it was the most authentic and precious prayer!) then...

Callen..."Dear God, thank you for this food, I hope we eat all our food and have a snack, I hope we get to play with our friends and I hope I see God and Jesus at church. In Jesus Name, Amen." (and he looks up at me with the sweetest little smile! He's been trying to teach Cade that at the end of the prayer "you're supposed to say 'in Jesus name' before you say 'amen'". I told him that he didn't do that when he was little either.)

I love the moments like these that God gives us with our children and I pray I will cherish and remember them forever!!!

No comments: