Sunday, March 15, 2009

Skin and Bones!

That's about all that's left of our sweet Cade after being so sick this past week! He's never been a really fat little toddler but no doubt he has had his share of chub here and there. Now, after not eating for a straight 72 hours and then only eating a little for another 2-3 days, he is SOOOO skinny! When I pick him up I can feel every sweet little bone in his back, shoulders and arms. I'm curious as to how much actual weight he lost but of course the battery in our scale had just died a few days before he got sick. I'm anxious to get a battery so I can see the results. Poor little thing, I'm gonna have to chub him up again! :-) Of course he doesn't even know or care that something is different! Praise God he is back to his cheerful, smiling self! Making us all laugh!!! He basically did not move from the couch for 3 straight days unless I picked him up and moved him...and he slept for most of that time. It was so sad! :-( I don't know if you can tell in this picture, this was only two days into him being sick and his ribs and shoulder bones were already sticking out more than normal...imagine 2 more days of not eating!

No comments: