Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sorry to keep you...

on the edge of your seat for sooooo long! (like this has been all you have been thinking about, right!) :-) So here you go, actually, I think only one person actually got the answer correct. As for the rest of you, some good reasoning going on and funny thoughts thrown out there, but, gotcha! :-)

So, as for A...there's our lie! And thank goodness!!! If Cohen had started walking at 8 1/2 months I would still be crying from loosing my baby so early. You all know how much I love babies and being that he is my last one (tubes are tied now for those of you who may not know), it's even harder this time to watch him grow up so fast. I do predict though that he will be our earliest walker out of the 4 boys, although that won't be too hard for him to accomplish since the earliest one so far was Corbin and he didn't walk until he was 13 1/2 months old. Crazy huh!

Of course that means that B & C are true. For many of you I'm sure C is not that hard to believe 'cause if you know our boys you know that they are very strong, extremely coordinated, and quite the little dare devils...well, Callen has NO fear at all so once he tries something and accomplishes it, Corbin is right behind him. All I know is that we were at the park and I look up just in time to see them start climbing up a 7 foot chain link fence. I tried to tell them to get down but by the time I had finished my sentence they were already up and over the thing and coming back down. Looked to me like they had done it 100 times before, they made it look so easy. Who would've thought?!

B, however, was the one several of you were thinking would never happen as long as I'm the mama. Well, believe it or not, I'm the one that made them come over and pet the wolf once I found out what it actually was because I figured that might be our only chance in our lifetime to do that...not everyday you run into a wolf at the park! :-) So to make a long story short...we were at a park in Keller and the boys were playing in a big sand box with 3 other little boys (all brothers as well). Their dad was the one who had brought them and he had this enormous dog with him. It was really just breathtakingly beautiful! And just as tame as I've ever seen a do before! Of course everyone was stopping to talk to him and pet the dog so I kinda waited 'till everyone was gone and then asked how much he weighted. 140lbs. to be exact. And if I was looking at him right, the top of his head stood at about 42+ inches tall. Like I said, this was a big dog. Well, at one point the dog finally looked at me right in the eyes and it just struck me...that dog looks just like a wolf. So as quietly (so as not to draw attention), respectfully and politely as I could I told him that he looked just like a wolf. The guy smiled and quietly said back..."he is". Just as much as I couldn't believe it I knew in my gut he was telling the truth. I've not seen one in person before but I've seen enough of them on tv to know what their faces look like. He said that his dad was a wolf that stood about 8" taller than he, and his mother was a wolf with a bit of malimute in her. BEAUTIFUL!!! And a full blown domesticated pet. Legal too, didn't know that. So I did what any mother would've done (well, maybe not) and called the boys over and said "you guys have to come pet this dog because you know what...it's a wolf!" Their eyes all got big and they were very excited to get to stand there and pet the dog/wolf...which was bigger than the 3 of them put together.

So there you have it...our two truths and a lie.

2 comments:

Jill said...

my brother in law used to have a wolf. they were so loud at night, especially if they heard ambulances. Very beautiful dogs, though!

dee Clayton said...

Wow I love the story- who would have "thunk" an honest to goodness wolf- I wish I had been there :)