Thursday, September 4, 2008

...And Angels Watch Them Through The Night...

Sometimes I think I may be just a bit jealous of the angels that get to watch my precious boys sleep through the night!!! Each day, at least once or twice, I find myself stopping whatever it is that I'm doing, just to watch one of my sweet boys sleep. Each one of them has their own adorable posture and cute little facial expressions that make my heart stop for a moment.

You might think this is a silly thing to blog about but I was just captured by my sweet Cohen earlier today as he was napping in his beautiful bassinett, it was a moment I'd like to freeze in my mind and heart forever. Such a peace on his face, fully trusting that I am going to take care of him and love him with everything I have! Such an awsome picture of how we should trust and rest in the arms of Christ!

And last night, Callen fell asleep early on the couch and as I walked by him at one point I just had to stop and gaze...he had his sweet little skinny legs going straight up the back of the couch and he was laying there just smiling in his sleep, his eyes moving around like crazy...had to be having a fun dream! It was too precious!

And my big boy Corbin (still can't believe he is 5 now!)...well, even though he hasn't sucked on a pacifier in over 3 years now, he still sucks (on nothing) off and on all night long. Sometimes I just sit and listen to him and watch him, I think because it's like a bit of my very first baby is still there! :-) It's such a bittersweet thing to watch them grow up so fast!

And last but not least, my sweet 'baby' Cade...yes, he is 2 now but I still call him that sometimes. His blue eyes capture me every time I look at him! And when he sleeps he does the same. He puts his finger in his belly button and then in his mouth, then back in his belly button and then back in his mouth...over and over and over again. Does his belly button taste good? Who knows but it sure is precious to watch him. I'm thankful God gives me these moments and memories because sometimes after a long, hard, busy and crazy day, even if it was filled with disobedience and tears, all a mother needs is to cuddle with her children and to watch them rest...Until They Wake In Morning Light, Amen.

5 comments:

Jill said...

Now that made me shed a tear....I know how you feel....Sometimes I go "check" on Grayson 4 or 5 times before I can go to bed just to watch him. Thanks for sharing....It was very sweet. I think every mother probably feels this way, so post away!

Lori said...

I love this post!!! I agree so much. I still love to look in on the girls every night it is usually the last thing I do before I go to bed. The other night I just had to go look at sweet Peyton sleeping. I guess I had closed the door. She is a very light sleeper now. So when I opened the door her sweet little eyes opened and she looked up at me with a big smile. It was like she was saying OK is it time to get up now.

The funny thing is for a long time after she was born, she could sleep through chaos all the time.

Linsi said...

Love it! I needed that reminder.. things have been rough with older kid attitudes sometimes. :) Thanks!

Linsey said...

So sweet!

The Sotos said...

I loved this post. In my mind, I can see all of those things you described of the boys. I would love to know what Callen was dreaming about! :) I am a proud aunt!