Sunday, September 7, 2008

I Need A Dog!

OH MY GOSH (oops, as Callen would say, "we don't say that Mommy, we say Oh my goodness! Right?!), let me start over. OH MY GOODNESS, somebody slap me and slap me hard!!! Now, for those of you who may have wondered or stumbled accross my blog from someone elses and are thinking "what's wrong with a dog, sounds good to me?", here's the deal. There are a couple of things that instantly come to my mind...A)I have 4 little boys barely 5 years old and under and B)I DON"T like dogs! Two kinda major issues if you ask me. BUUUTTTT, you see...my kitchen floor is NASTY! Once again, you are thinking maybe I need to sweep and mop twice a week or so instead of the normal once. Not a chance. Ok, maybe you have a couple of kids and were thinking once a day...getting closer, but not there yet. Lets try after EVERY SINGLE DAD GUM MEAL!!! That might sound crazy if you only have one or two kids or if your were graced with only clean (at least to some degree) children. I definately don't fit in that first category but I also was given two little boys who think it is sooooo fun to get REALLY MESSY all the time. Fun times! That, my friends, is why it would be nice to have one of those precious (I do think they are adorable even though they really pretty much grose me out) little vultures (I'm implying to how they will pounce on any and every crumb dropped to the floor) around just to help me keep it a bit cleaner on a day to day basis. I could be wrong, maybe it wouldn't help that much but it sure is a nice thought. Actually, if I had it my way, I'd have a 'gaurdian dog' that only came around (poof! out of nowhere) when it was mealtime and cleaned up my floor and then magically dissapeared when meals were over so I didn't have to deal with it or take care of it. Is that mean? Kinda makes me giggle actually. I'm truly sorry if I have offended any of you dog lovers in any way!!! I'm sure one day I will have a dog, I've got a husband and 4 boys who LOVE them. So for now, you can pray that my messes will lesson with out having to get a dog and then that in the future when we do get one, that I will finally be ok with that! :-) Here's a couple of pics of Cade making one of his daily messes...laugh it up! Did I do something wrong, Mommy? Notice the yogurt all over his face, hands, arms and chest...and it even made it in the hair too, of course, and pretty much all the way down to his toes. :-) Wow, amazing what one sweet little kid can do.
And that face pretty much sums it up! It just does NOT bother him at all to make a mess...in fact it is quite fun!
I don't think this shows it very well but there is yogurt and green beans all over the floor, and that's just one meal, just one kid!

6 comments:

dee Clayton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dee Clayton said...

Gotta love that little face !! I need a dog.... right !! :) but i understand your logic ! talk to kim- polo is going to obedience this week.... :)

carleigh said...

sounds a lot like our kids... every meal is a food fest!

Lauren said...

Girl how many times have I told you this! Haha

Jill said...

Okay, I think I have a solution. No dog! They gross me out too. You need a Roomba! It's this circular, robotic vacuum type thing that you just turn on and it cleans the floors for you. Google it....you can ask for it for Christmas. I think you can get them for as cheap as 100-150 dollars. Brandon and Cameron Powell have one. It's one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

Janelle and Ella said...

Oh Kara...you crack me up!
Those eyes are penetrating!