Monday, August 18, 2008

Look Out Sea World...Here We Come!!!

Chris and I decided that we wanted to take a bit of time away from the mundain business of life and take the boys on a vacation this year. Really it was our first family vacation since before Cade was born. We had a great time and are glad we did! First, we went down to Beaumont, Tx to stay/visit with Chris' parents and brother. The boys had a blast at Nanna-D and G-Daddy's house...we hadn't been there 5 minutes and they were telling me "I love coming to Nanna-D and G-Daddy's!". It was so cute. G-Daddy took us all to the Fire Truck Museum one day and the boys LOVED that of course! Then one evening they took us to Chucky Cheese which is always a hit! They will play as much "money" as you give them. :-) Chris and I even got to go on a date to the resteraunt Kendal, his brother, works at...that was a lot of fun. From there we drove to San Antonio and spent an evening looking at the Alimo and walking along the river walk. Our hotel room was VERY nice! Chris found a great deal at the Hyatt Place...our room had a 42" plasma screen tv in it which was a hit for all 4 older boys. They got to watch the opening ceremony of the Olympics on it and play our Wii...MaMa was too tired to really stay up to enjoy it much. :-) Then we spent the next two days at Sea World. We were hot and poor Chris was sick but overall we had a blast and got to do almost everything there. The boys have been talking about it ever since and have watched their Shamu movie Grammy bought for them about 100 times (that might be a bit of an exageration but not much!). We will cherish the memories made! Here are some pics to highlight our fun!
I love my Mommy!
My Mommy loves me!
Do I get some?!!
Uncle Kendal served us!
I love Nanna-D!
Talking to/Smiling at my Nanna-D!
Can you believe we got almost everyone to look AND smile! Amazing...maybe even a miracle :-)
Daddy and the boys in front of the Alamo
Ooooh, what does this do?
Say Cheese!
Riding in a clear elevator...they thought that was SOOO cool!
On the riverwalk
We got to Sea World and had hardly made it through the front gate and Callen was already fussing at me to not go wherever I was going. I was thinking "you've got to be kidding me" when I turned around to see what he was pointing at...these Happy Birthday Penguins. He wanted to go give them a hug and get a picture with them...so we did. Then he was as happy as could be! It was sweet!
Hmmm...what should we do next?
Well, I think we should go over here and do that!
Can we do that mommy, can we?!!!
They were so polite to stand in line at the water park, I didn't even have to tell them too! I was a very proud mommy!
Cohen loved the water too! Who wouldn't when you've been HOT all day!
They loved the Shamu show...
and thought it was so cool they could touch this Shamu!
This was a band we got to watch...they were mezmerized by them!
This is what Cohen did about 65% of the time we were there, Praise the Lord! He was SOOOO good!
We even got a picture with Dolly Dolphin and Shamu! And Callen danced all by himself with them!
Corbin couldn't have loved Sea World any more...this face shows how much fun he had!
All the boys watching the dolphins.
One of the dolphins swam RIGHT in front of us and we were all SOOOO excited.
These fans were a lifesaver! I propped one up while Callen took a nap the second day so he wouldn't be so hot. He slep forever like that!
Notice what his shirt says! :-)
I think Cade ate almost the whole time we were there...both days! :-) He's our eater!
The Sea Lion show was one of Corbin's favorites! It was so funny!

4 comments:

carleigh said...

that looks so fun- i'm glad you guys had so much fun! sea world seems like it would be a big hit!!

Kelly Ann said...

Looks like you guys had a BLAST!! I'm so glad you guys took some time out to make some awesome momories!

Linsi said...

Too sweet!! They are so cute and I am so glad you guys had a great time! I remember a day in the nursery when Cade was going around eating Meghan's cheerios that she dropped on the floor ;0) It was so funny! Anywho, hope we can make a trip like this one day in the near future too.. looked like a lot of fun!

Janelle and Ella said...

I am so behind on blogs! I LOVE these pictures. Looks like an amazing family vacation!
I'm so glad you guys are all feeling better!