Friday, October 2, 2009

A Sick Week! :-(

Well, I want to begin by saying that God has been SOOOOO good to us as a family because we really have not been sick very often! Praise the Lord for an overall healthy family!!! This week though, not so much. :-) It started on Sunday, we went to church and of course exposed everyone to the wonderful stomach bug that we got, but didn't know we had it yet, later that afternoon. Cade, Corbin, Callen and I all threw up for a good 6+ hours each. Fun times.

So we went to the doctor on Monday for Corbin's 6 year old well check and ALL 5 got the flu shot. Yeah! Maybe we won't get it.

Well, then we wake up Tuesday morning and the right side of Corbin's face and neck had swollen up about twice the side of the other. Yikes, what is that? My first thoughts were lymph nodes because he has had a problem with that before in the same side of his face. So I called the doctor and we went in again, two days in a row...not sure if we had ever done that before. Dr. McCoy made me very nervous because at first he thought it was the mumps but couldn't figure out why he would have that after having been vacinated twice already. It ended up being that the stomack virus we had decided to settle in his salivary gland on that side of the face and cause parititis, which is very painful! Just took about 2 1/2 days to run its course and clear up.

So then we move to Thursday morning. When we got up I just didn't feel like Cade looked right, although he really didn't have any symptoms. I guess I should have stayed home but if I stayed home each time I thought one of them didn't look right I would never go anywhere! And most of the time it turns out to be nothing. Well, by 4:30 Thursday afternoon he was running 101 fever and sneezing and coughing. Uh Oh!!! He was just flat out miserable all evening. Poor little guy! So This morning rolls around and I call in AGAIN and they wanted to see him to run a flu test. And they did, and he not only has the flu....drum roll please...he has the H1N1 (SWINE FLU)! Oopies!! (at least that's what Cade would say!) I kinda figured it was eventually bound to get one of them but it still took me by suprise! So he is now on Tamaflu and we are all praying the rest of us don't get it although we kinda feel like sittin' ducks. I trust that the Lord is going to take care of us just like he always has!

So on a side note...I've decided that it's better and easier for all of us to get something at the same time than to get it all strung out and at different times! You just all lay around and moan and groan and sleep a whole bunch, then after you are all better you just blow up your house and get a new one! :-) Sounds good doesn't it! No really, that's what happened with us and the stomach bug and it was so much easier to just wash everything once after all being sick than having to wash it multiple times because people keep getting sick for weeks! I'm kinda praying that IF the Lord is going to allow us to all (or several of us at least) get the swine flu that He will allow us to have it together and just get it over with and out of this house! AMEN!!! :-) We'll see and I'll get back with you on that.

So for now I continue to quote multiple times a day outloud as well as in my heart..."I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!" Even Cade can say that verse now and I love it! He is with us all the time and I trust He is taking care of us!

3 comments:

jill said...

Girl, we are absolutely praying that if you are all gonna get it, that it will pass quickly, and it would be as easy as possible. Love you friend!

Jill

Lori said...

Oh no, that is no fun! I hope everyone is better quickly.

Amelia said...

So I didn't know YOU had a blog until I got your blog comment! Glad we found each other. :) Praying nobody else gets the flu in your house and for quick healing!!