Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The 1st Day of School...

was such a special day! I'm sorry it's taken me this long to this posted. Our one and only glitch was that Cade got sick the night before with a fever but my mom came and picked him up the next morning so the rest of us could still go. She was such a trooper for doing that!!! Love you Mom! So, with bib boy back packs in tow (new Michael Jordan ones at that!), handsome outfits all around topped off with new tennis shoes from Nanna-D, big smiles and the studliest boys you've ever seen...off to school I went for our first day at Sonshine Academy. Most of the pics below are of Corbin but I've got more coming soon off of my sisters camera of the other boys as well! They had so much fun that day and are really LOVING school. Chris and I could not be more proud of them. It is still hard and a little bitter sweet to think that Corbin, who was our first baby boy just not too long ago, is now in Kindergarten! Wow, how time flies when you're having fun! Praise the Lord for bringing us this far in our journey as parents and we pray for many more to come!!!
All four of the boys with backpacks (well, Cohen's got his lunch box!) ready to get in the car and go!
I can't believe this is my "baby"! I'm so happy yet sad just a bit! :-)
Cade just had to have his picture made with his camo backpack even though he wasn't going to school...and he had to take his backpack to Grammy's WITH his lunch box packed inside so Grammy could see it and he would have lunch, 'cause I guess he thought Grammy would forget to feed him, right?! :-)
Sweet little Callen, looking all grown up!
Sitting on the bridge you walk over to get the the kindergarten rooms. He was so ready and excited!
Standing by a list of all the kids in his class.
Sitting at his place at the table, ready to start his first assignment, and ready for me to quit taking pics! :-)
Writing his name on his paper before we even left the room!
Daddy was so proud!
One last hug from Mommy as she holds back the good tears!
Callen next to his leopard class, his name is on a lion and he takes it into his room and puts it on the board every day when he gets there! He is usually first or second getting in there so he puts it right on the top! :-)

More pics to come soon!!

2 comments:

dee Clayton said...

Thought this day was sooo far away when Corbin was born- blink your eyes and wa la time for school- Hope you're loving kindergarten Corbin !!!!

dee Clayton said...

Callen --- you look very tall in your pic by your name- I hope you love your pre-k as well !