Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sent chills down my spine!

So last night we had just left Chris' Nanny's home and were driving decently slow through a neighborhood street in Dallas about 10:30PM. The boys were asking me a couple of questions and I saw something in the distance that looked kinda fishy. As we got closer and my headlights made the road brighter, it became very clear what was crawling across the street...a HUGE (4-5in. leg span when crawling at least) Tarantula!!! That sent chills from head to toe (to a degree that I don't get very often), that's for sure! I grew up seeing these here and there, we even caught a couple of them, but you never really get used to seeing them if you ask me. They really do creap me out. So the rest of my drive home I kept getting a small itch here and there and I know it was just because I kept thinking about that spider! Good thing is I haven't seen one out and about like that in about 10 years or more so maybe it will be that long before the next one I see!!!

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Girl! You should have seen the one Brayden found on his bedroom wall one morning! He came in telling me " mom there's a dead spider on my wall" Yeah not dead! They're ALL over the place out here!

dee Clayton said...

YUCK -- ok.... after Lauren's comment... watch the open doors when the boys go outside.. i just put my feet upon a box for the rest of the day at work.....

Jill said...

please tell me you ran over it....

Kara Clayton said...

Seriously, y'all are crackin' me up!!! The box thing, hillarious! And NO, I did not run over it, I made sure of it because I could not handle the thought of hearing and/or feeling that!

dee Clayton said...

OH girl.... i would have smashed that thing without hesitation..... no remorse or regret- DEAD as in DEAD !!! Ha !!!