Friday, August 14, 2009

One Man's Junk...Is Another Woman's Treasure!!! :-)

So about a month ago (I'm a bit behind on blogging!!! Sorry, trying to catch up though), the boys and I were leaving our neighborhood to run a couple of errands. Well, it was bulk trash week and I'm a sucker for things people are getting rid of! We are pulling out and across the street from us in another neighborhood I spot something that looks usable, actually quite nice. So I drive over there, just like Curious George would do! Well, now I could tell that it was a piece of furniture but it was laying down in the street so it was a bit hard to tell what it was and if it was broken or messed up at all. So I tell the boys to wait a minute, that Mommy is going to jump out and look at something. I had to pick it up (not lightweight if you are wondering) and stand it up so I could see it. It was love at first sight. I was NOT leaving there without it (because if you think like me, I knew it would be gone by the time I got back). I knew this was going to become one of my favorite pieces of furniture in my home...One MAJOR issue at hand. How to get it home?!? I was determined though! I quickly opened the back of our SUV and told Corbin and Callen that they were going to have to climb up in the front seat so that Mommy could take their carseats out and lay the back seats down in order to take this home. They just thought this was the greatest thing in the world...and funny too! So that's just what we did. Oh, the double stroller was also in the back because you know I don't go anywhere without it. And of course, there was no one in sight to help me lift this monster into my car. Where there's a will there's a way though ladies! We all know that. So the pic below is of my new antique mini buffet (I think that is what it would be called) that I LOVE!!! It just makes my heart smile and reminds me that God cares even about the silly things in life! :-)

1 comment:

The Sotos said...

no stinkin way! that is beautiful and I cannot wait to hear how you got that in your car by yourself!!!