Thursday, July 30, 2009

I don't know why she swallowed the fly...

'cause I spit it out as fast as I could!

DISCLAIMER...if you are extremely week stomached, maybe you should just skip this one! :-) I'm just sayin'.

That's right, I almost swallowed a fly! YUK...and tottally unfare!!! (being that I've already eaten 50+ maggets back in college, and yes, you read that right...but that's another story and we won't go there). So I had told my sister this story back they beginning of June right after it happened and told her I was going to post it on my blog but then forgot. Well, she so sweetly reminded me while we were at camp last week (which by the way...we had a blast! Thanks Kallie for making our 2 weeks of camp FUN and doable!). :-) So here goes. It was the morning after my all nighter (which I blogged about a while ago), well, actually it was the reason that I ended up not getting a couple hours of sleep. Something about almost swallowing a fly that just wakes you up, whiggs you out and for sure does not allow you to go back to sleep again! It was about 4:30am and I had just gotten back from taking Cade to the ER for his ears. Chris had bought me a sonic drink earlier the night before but I had left it at home and not gotten to drink it yet and I was now VERY thirsty! So, I picked it up on my way to bed and took a sip of it. That's when the horror of all horrors happened. I heard it and felt the struggle between my tounge and teeth as I smushed it and killed it (thinking in that split second that it was a piece of lime (I had gotten a limeade with extra line...as usual). Oh I killed it in that split second but as soon as I did I knew what I had done and couldn't reverse it! Keep in my EVERYONE in my house is out cold and all I want to do is screem at the top of my lungs (like I did back in college with the other incident). But I couldn't so I silently screamed and whispered aehh!! over and over as I ran to my bathroom and proceeded to wash my mouth out with hot water and then got in the shower and showered forever. And during that shower is when I decided I totally agreed (I agreed before, just not with knowledge from experience) with that old nursury rhyme that's in the title of this post!

2 comments:

myfriar said...

That is SO GROSS!!! I'm sorry that happened to you! :(

Great story, though! I bet your boys love it!!!!

Linsi said...

Ewwwww!!! That is soo aweful!!! I had a diff. exp. and reheated some coffee from my coffee pot I made the day before. I got towards the bottom and then felt this nasty thing in my mouth.. almost threw up in my mouth bc I knew what it was.. I think it would have ALL been over if I had actually bit into it!!! AHHHH Ick!!! Man, sorry for you girl~! I REALLY check or make a new pot of coffee now!!!