Tuesday, June 10, 2008

5 C's and a K...

So some of you are wondering and many have asked...what's with all the C names? Well, let's start back before we even had kids. You see, I'm the oldest of 6 kids, all with K names. Even my parents and our pets had K names. Chris is the oldest of 3 kids, the other two having K names as well. We thought we would cary on the tradition (for what reason? I don't know, I guess we just thought it would be fun). Here comes the catch. We thought it would be cool to name our boys with C names like Daddy and the girls with K names like Mommy. Well, you all now know what happened, right?! We had no girls! :-) So I am still the only K in the family and I even get my name spelled with a C by accident quite often by people who assume that with all the boys names mine must start with a C as well. I don't mind, I politely correct it and quickly tell the story when asked. And how about those two middle names we thought would be so unique!...little did we know we would have 4 C names and 8 middle names to pick, all for boys that is, in less than 5 years! I must say though I'm pleased with our choices! Lastly, if you could be a fly on our wall you would laugh at how we just can't seem to get the right name to come out when we need it too...sweet Corbin is always correcting us and Chris has even thought about just calling them 1, 2, 3 and 4! God does have a sense of humor, doesn't He!!

4 comments:

Janelle and Ella said...

This is an awesome post! I am cracking up! I love your name tradition and how far back it goes.

Linsey said...

Yea! I love your blog. Can't wait to read more!

courtney danielle said...

loving the updates... and love the names... of course you know our family did the same :)

Courtney Danielle
Karis Rochelle
Christiana No'elle
Kaitlyn Beth'el

My grandmother and mom still say all the names before the right one :)

p.s. i hear we live pretty close these days!!! mere blocks from each other - let me know if you need a babysitter :)

Blanton & Jaime said...

Well Kara, you give me something to look forward to when you are forgetting whose name comes out when! I think it is so funny...I remember my mom doing that with us growing up and there were boys and girls...how on earth could see get tommy, richie, jaime and roni confused??? I could understand the two r names, but for heaven's sake j is no where close to the others!

you should drop by our blog and see our little one! His name is Parrish!

hope to read more soon!
Jaime Parrish Feaster