Tuesday, October 7, 2008

There's no business like a home business, like no business, I know!


Yes, I know, kinda corny but that's just what came to mind when I was trying to think of a title for this entry! I'm having so much fun with my home business, Nifty Thrifty Designs. I am truly grateful that God has given me the time and money to be able to do this...it has been a dream for years and if it were not for Him, this would not be! He gives us every last bit of creativeness we have anyway, we can't and must not take credit for that! I praise him for giving me a love for beautiful and unique things and pray that through this business I can somehow share my love for and relationship with Him with others who love to decorate and make things but may not know my sweet Lord and Savior yet!

So, last month was crazy busy with cakes...I had 6 or 7, I can't really even remember now. This month I've got 5 different craft bizaars I'm participating in...I know, I'm crazy to one degree or another. Chris is on board though and I'm having so much fun. I normally do not do nearly this much stuff in one month but I'm saving up for a couple of different things that are quite expensive and like Chris told me, "sometimes you have to work really hard for a month or two in order to pay for something and then just have it behind you!" So that's what I'm doing. He is so sweet to help me with the boys on the days I'm actually gone selling stuff! And no, I'm not neglecting my children during the day trying to get all this stuff done, I just stay up all night after they are asleep making stuff...not really, I just try to do it a little at a time when they are asleep. I've been working on several new products and tweeking old ones. It's truly a stress reliever for me to make stuff so this has been a fun month so far. The pics are from my first sale this month, it was at my house. We had so much fun! I'll let you know in November how the whole month goes and if I'm still alive! :-) I would ask you to pray that I am able to keep my priorities straight this month while juggling such a busy schedule. While this is fun, God has given me an incredible husband and four precious boys who need a wife and mommy to take care of them and be there for them, not just physically, but emotionaly too. I also pray that my walk with Christ never suffers because of being busy...if I can't make time for Him, I've got too much on my plate!

1 comment:

Linsey said...

Hey Kara! I want all the frames that have pink on the them. So cute! Call me. You can get my # from Kas!