Saturday, January 2, 2010

Resale Shop Deal of the Day!

So, I normally don't post about shopping but I just have to share!!! If you normally don't shop at these type of places you might want to read this and reconsider! :-) First, I only go to these places when I know they are having a sale (off of their normal resale shop prices) because being the deal shopper I am anyway, I can normally find new clothes for less than what they are selling used stuff for. BUT...on a day like today when they are having a bag sale (all the shoes/clothes you can fit in a trash bag, that's right, not a grocery bag, for $12), you just can't get much better than that! Now, you have to understand, I'm pretty darn picky when it comes to used clothes!!! I only buy things that look barely worn and that are a nice brand that would be hard to find for that inexpensive. So, the hunt begins...and that's something that you have to be willing to do. Well, today it was SO well worth it!!! Funny thing, I had my trash bag and only had it about 2/3 full of clothes but really did not want to buy junk clothes just to buy them so when I got up to the front the guy says "are you sure you don't want to go get some more to fill up your bag?". I told him that I had looked through everything and really needed to get home so that was ok. He looked at my basket, which had some toys and Christmas stuff in it (all of that stuff was going to be 75% off too!) and said "you know what, just take all that you've got for $12."! WooHoo!!! I got 24 articles of clothing (Banana Republic, Urban Outfitters, Gap, Old Navy, Express, Harold's and Charlotte Russe...some for me, my husband and for Corbin to grow into), a pair of adorable black wedge shoes, 6 toys (all brand new), a display stand for my business, 3 frames and some fun Christmas stuff. I added up the total original resale price (not regular store price)...$130. So I paid $12.99 (90% off of their resale price!!!) for LOTS of fun things and could not have been more pleased with my trip. I would post pics but there really is too much stuff! So, for those of you who have never tried this, you might try it sometime, it's fun!

3 comments:

Lori said...

where, where i need details!! Is this deal still going?

Kara Clayton said...

Bearly Used Resale Shop off of 377 and Keller Hicks...ask Val, it's one of her favorites as well if I remember right! I'm sorry to say though that I'm pretty sure that deal is not still on. They are always doing something though!

dee Clayton said...

You're our (kim & I ) shopping hero !!