Monday, June 28, 2010

Just another Rainy Day...


When Chris travels a bunch in the summer the boys and I try to find some fun things to do together to pass the time a bit more quickly. Today we had a fun day!! We started it out with a big breakfast at home (waffles, eggs and sausage), then were off to go to a dollar movie, How to Train a Dragon. The movie was so cute, we all loved it. Then we were off to run a couple of errands, followed by a fun lunch at McDonalds. On the way home we were going to run by Aldi to get our groceries for the week. Well, 3 of them fell asleep and it was already storming so I called their Aunt Kay and Uncle Glenn to see if they could come over and crash on the couch while I did the shopping. Of course they said yes (since they had no plans), and of course they all 3 woke up while there and got treated like little kings! :-) I got my shopping done and looked like I had taken a shower with my clothes on when I went to pick up the boys so I didn't get out, they all just ran to the car one by one, screaming all the way because they thought it was so funny to run in the rain. When we got home, of course I had to empty the groceries so they asked if they could play in the rain. I thought there was no harm in that being that it has slowed to a light rain and there was no lightning, well, I was wrong. In a good way. Let me just say 4 little boys running around and playing in the rain is one of the sweetest and funniest things I've seen in a while. They had a blast and I couldn't help but take pics. Enjoy!!!
I love this...they were having so much fun!
Corbin is normally afraid of the rain, I was so proud of him for letting it all go and having fun!
Cade was just going crazy!
Yes, they were bending over and sticking their heads in the water that was running down the street! I believe Cohen did it first believe it or not!
Laying in the water? Who thinks of these things...oh, wait, my sweet Callen thought of that one :-)
"I pity the fool"...at least that is what I think he is thinkin'!
I know, one of the most disgusting things he could have done! His immune system will be stronger for it, that's what I tell myself at least!
Maybe kinda like a facial? :-)

3 comments:

Rach said...

What a fun day for them!!! Where is there an Aldi around here? I heard about it but have never been!

Kara Clayton said...

There is one on 377 and North Tarrant (well, from here you have to turn Right onto North Tarrant and it is just past the Academy that is right there). LOVE that store!! :-)

Janelle and Ella said...

So fun!! You are a fun Mama!